Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Catching Up...and So Much More!

Hey there! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a good start to the week. I know, I know, I've been silent since Tucson Festival of Books. It was awesome, and I'll tell you all about it, but the chicklet was home for Spring Break and writing and family stuff took the wheel. But she's back carrying on the family tradition of causing havoc in SoCal and I'm back with lots going on. So let's get to it, shall we? We shall!
First up, there's a big giveaway going on tonight on Facebook, and you're all invited! Ragnarok, the publisher responsible for Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters, is throwing a party -- It's a Dead West Party to be exact! Running today/Tuesday, March 25th, from 8-11pm Eastern, there are prizes being awarded every 15 minutes or so, plus a ton of authors hanging out and chatting, including moi. So, carve out some time and get in on the winning, which includes a copy of my latest, Random Musings from the Funny Girl.
Speaking of Random Musings, check out the nice little piece Operation Awesome did on the book. Then get your own copy at Amazon, B&N, or Smashwords.
Now, it's time for some reviews. See why Night Owl Reviews made Alien Research a top pick! Then see what Bitten By Books thought of The Royal Scam, part one of my Martian Alliance series.

Next up, head over and see what Larissa's Bookish Life thinks are the top covers of 2014 so far. Then see who she says are Auto-Buy Authors.

Have you seen Divergent yet? I have, and my review is up at Slice of SciFi. Agree or disagree? Join the conversation at Slice!
Moi & many of the Bookie Wookies

Now for the fast Tucson Festival of Books update. It was totally awesome. Weather was great, and it was fantastic to get to see so many of the Alien Collective in attendance. Including but not limited to Andrea & Duncan, Adrian & Lisa, Matt & Sasha, Koren (bearing yummy gifts!), Jan (bearing emergency sustenance), Sarah & Lacy, Danielle, Diane, Dan & Emily, and many more.

My panels were awesome -- got to panel twice with MaryJanice Davidson and she is made of hilarious awesome! One panel was just me and MaryJanice cracking wise about how to write a lot and that quickly, and the other included Brandon Sanderson, who was fun and gracious, and Issac Marion who was very sweet for a guy writing about zombie apocalypses, wherein we all shared how to write the funny. I also had a fun panel with Frankie Robertson wherein we ate the yummies provided by Koren (and did not share, because we are EVIL) and yapped about many things paranormal.

Marcy & Moi
I also got to spend some time with my BFFs Marcy Rockwell, and
Dianne & Moi
Terry Smith, as well as get a quick catch-up with my NOLA BFF Dianne de Las Casas. Huge thanks to my PA, Joseph, in part because without whom I would still be setting up and/or tearing down my part of the booth, and also without whom there would be little to no photographic proof. Had a fun signing at the Poisoned Pen's tent, and generally got sunburned despite The Hat and had a rollicking good time all weekend. And took a week to recover. I'm a party animal, me.

That's it for today, but as always, more's on the way. See you on Facebook for many giveaways, peace out, my li'l gangstas, and let's be winning readers out there!

Love,
Gini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home